Surreal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merging Forces

+2
TearsOfAngels
Kinsenka
6 posters

Go down

Merging Forces Empty Merging Forces

Post  Kinsenka Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:10 pm

I have recently come to a peaceful agreement with PhantomSkyfire of CPRoleplay, and we have agreed to merge our forums. This decision was made for your benefit, so that we wouldn't have to split people between two forums. I love CPRoleplay, and I made Surreal to keep the roleplay alive. However, with the initiative of PhantomSkyfire, Lady-Z, Akkhenaton, myself, and all of the community's members, I'm confident that the community will flourish.

I am sorry for inconveniencing anyone who has accumulated posts, made roleplays or participated in them, or done so much as register and post an introduction. However, now I am planning to allow PhantomSkyfire control of the community since the idea was to create a proxy board for CPRoleplay originally, anyway. I'll do my best to keep your interest in the roleplaying aspects of the forum. As Sky has put it, I'm in charge of "making the forum awesome".

So, uh... go here if you want to join.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka
A ray of friggin' sunshine!

https://surreal.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Merging Forces Empty Re: Merging Forces

Post  TearsOfAngels Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:48 pm

"The board administrator is not allowing new members at this time." Or something along those lines.
TearsOfAngels
TearsOfAngels

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinsenka Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:59 pm

TearsOfAngels wrote:"The board administrator is not allowing new members at this time." Or something along those lines.

It isn't open yet. It should be tomorrow, hopefully.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomSkyfire Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:48 am

Kinsenka wrote:It isn't open yet. It should be tomorrow, hopefully.

Damn you for pressuring me. >.>
PhantomSkyfire
PhantomSkyfire

Back to top Go down

Post  RebornXX Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Seriously? God dammit... I mean I'm happy about it and all but this is getting ridiculous. Why didn't you just keep the old CPRoleplay forums? Just delete every god damned post there was.
RebornXX
RebornXX

Back to top Go down

Post  Allision Chain Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:55 pm

Silence Reborn~ Or this shall happen to you Merging Forces 3772
Allision Chain
Allision Chain

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:21 pm

One little quip: I call bullshit on the post-count system. God damn. We don't need a new site anyways, this is just going to cause more drama, and seriously, it isn't going to change a damn thing. At least Surreal doesn't have that annoying faux-black in the background. Also, why restart the "Aftermath of Code Geass" RP if it was 1. Dead and gone, and 2. already complained about for not being active? At the same time, did I miss something that caused all this? I dissapear for two days and everything goes to hell and back (not blaming my absence, just saying I missed the drama, slightly pissed.) Complaint 3: Everyone has to forum jump again, it's getting slightly old, and there's no chance Sky won't emo-drop the forum again (Calling it like I see it here, jus' sayin'). Atop that, let's get back to the "User privledges" were I'll again call bullshit. Besides the fact half of the buffs are completely inane or useless, it's the sheer fact of the thing. Plus, with the "Please move RPs to Surreal" what the hell's the point if it's getting moved back to the new CPR anyways, which could have just been wiped, saving us all tons of trouble? No offense, does adding things to the calender matter to me? No, am I pissed that it's going to be a status symbol I can't use unless I bother bumping my post count? Of course. Let's be honest, the member count is barely over 10 either way, less active. Maybe more time should be spent getting people to the site in general, instead of bitching about lack of RPs (Z) involvement (Sky) or, god forbid, post count (Akky)? At least Z will admit she can be a bitch, but I'm basically getting the message that Kin's dropped starting a site that was actually getting off well for being a mod on a site that I hate to say is going to tank again? Sorry, I like CPR, no lie, but it's the fucking Hindenburg of chat sites. Well, a mini-model of the Hindenburg anyways. Like, could the commitment of anyone in actual charge of this thing actually be considered responsible? (We're discounting Kin here, she no longer counts. Akky's safe too, he apparently got demoted, and we'll count Z as she's herself.) Sky's in the past month (I believe is the timeframe) Announced CPR's closure, sent us all to Kin, axed CPR, made a new CPR, beg/borrow/steal the Surreal group back to the new CPR, made Kin a mod on the offhand (As I understand events, like I said I was gone.) But, ok sure, whatever. I'm simply voicing what we're all thinking, and that's that whatever this thing is, it's not going to work. Excuse the (slight) rant, but this is just seriously one strange chain of events. If I missed something that's happened since Friday that makes this make sense, fill me in, kindly.

EDIT: Had to go back so I could quote the exact wording "However, now I am planning to allow PhantomSkyfire control of the community" is the part I don't quite get, because everyone knows that that's probably not the best idea. As it is, I'll do what I've always done, occasionally pop in on Akky's RP (Which seriously needs more involvement and a less complex plot) and post in the Danger Zone, or whatever will function as such.

And here's Sky's post on CPR: Any in-progress roleplays you want to keep going should be moved to Surreal, unless you really have a problem with the site layout or Kinsenka's moderation style.

See what I mean?
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomSkyfire Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:49 pm

RebornXX wrote:Why didn't you just keep the old CPRoleplay forums? Just delete every god damned post there was.
Because... I explained it here at the bottom of the first post.
PhantomSkyfire
PhantomSkyfire

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:26 pm

PhantomSkyfire wrote:
RebornXX wrote:Why didn't you just keep the old CPRoleplay forums? Just delete every god damned post there was.
Because... I explained it here at the bottom of the first post.

Ah, I honestly missed that. I apologize.
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinsenka Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:08 pm

Here's what happened, to be honest.

Surreal is more than just the "post CPR's roleplays here" forum. It was a project that I had covertly used to basically take away CPR from PhantomSkyfire because I was getting irritated with her. Her lack of, well, doing anything, had begun to dig under my skin. She wouldn't even trust me with any amount of power that I could use to possibly re-garner interest in the forum. Meanwhile, post-whoring is rampant, roleplays are inactive, and the Danger Zone's activity is through the roof.

I wanted Surreal to be relevant. I wanted it to be a rewarding experience for anyone willing to sit down and donate time and effort to roleplaying. PhantomSkyfire's procrastination prevented me from ever having this luxury on CPRoleplay. Now, I will admit, I could have tried harder myself to keep things active, but there was also the matter of my disdain for some of the norms of CPRoleplay. I would often disagree with some of Sky's decisions on how to run the forum (though I never told her any), and I had recently called her out for being an apathetic quitter.

The biggest problem with this was that people were split between two forums to go to. You have Surreal, which is flourishing but unfamiliar to the users. Then, you have CPRoleplay, which is like home sweet home to many people here, but quickly dying and losing interest.

It's because of this that I figured the easiest thing to do would be to merge the two communities together. It's still CPRoleplay, but Skyfire would like to word it as Surreal assimilating CPRoleplay. In other words, I interpret this as the good things of Surreal - roleplay, activity, and significance - joining the pros of CPRoleplay - familiarity, progress, and ambition. The latter of CPRoleplay being something that I'd like to revive for the benefit of both communities.

As an admin, I want to be able to do the best I can - no, better - for the members of the community. Being a sedentary member whose own roleplay had lost interest (remember Pokemon: Evolutions), and a roleplayer who wanted to desperately continue inactive roleplays (Aftermath of Code Geass), I was disappointed with the null progress CPRoleplay was making. I have no doubts that CPRoleplay can be one of the greatest RPing communities you've ever visited. Anyone familiar with Realphobia? I bet CPRoleplay could become even larger than that (though I'm uncomfortable with it being a proxy for Realphobia-goers to make 20 posts, then leave). The emphasis of CPR - the Community for the Preservation of Roleplay - should be the "R". It shouldn't be the C, and it shouldn't be the P (albeit unless you're supplementing the "R").

Or, to quote PhantomSkyfire's motto for the community: "Breathe life back into roleplay!"

I only hope that my wall of text provides greater clarity to the situation.

And AJ, if you don't think the new CPRoleplay redux will work, I have a question for you: Did you think Surreal would work? I'm an admin there, I can control the outcome of the community. Skyfire is the head cheese, but I can exercise my own powers to bend the fate of the forum. If you honestly thought Surreal would work under me, then I want you to believe that CPRoleplay redux will work under me, as well. If you had your doubts about Surreal to begin with, then I must ask why you even joined to begin with.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinsenka Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:18 pm

Sky said I should announce registration is open. Go register.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:26 am

Kinsenka wrote:
And AJ, if you don't think the new CPRoleplay redux will work, I have a question for you: Did you think Surreal would work? I'm an admin there, I can control the outcome of the community. Skyfire is the head cheese, but I can exercise my own powers to bend the fate of the forum. If you honestly thought Surreal would work under me, then I want you to believe that CPRoleplay redux will work under me, as well. If you had your doubts about Surreal to begin with, then I must ask why you even joined to begin with.

That cleared it up enough for me, thanks. I was going to sign up for the new place anyways, I basically only participated in Akky's RP (Though I'm trying to expand a bit xD) I was just irked by the "do this, no that, or how about this?" that as going on, but it's sorted out. It was just going to be about post-whoring getting brought back, but I digressed into some other things. Ah well, we'll see.
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum