Surreal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What're some good bands? + Discussion

+3
Swindle
Kinsenka
AjwX
7 posters

Go down

What're some good bands? + Discussion Empty What're some good bands? + Discussion

Post  AjwX Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:21 am

Even though summer's almost over so I'll have less down time, what're some good bands to listen to I might not have heard of? And if the lyrics aren't english, don't bother, I like being able to understand words.

Recently, the Dropkick Murphys(Who I'm sure you've heard of) and Iron Maiden are at the top of my playlist, but MC Frontalot(Whose music is free) and Motley Crue are pretty good too.
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

What're some good bands? + Discussion Empty Re: What're some good bands? + Discussion

Post  Kinsenka Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:38 am

Here's one of my favorite songs of all time, albeit the only song I've heard by the band:

Kinsenka
Kinsenka
A ray of friggin' sunshine!

https://surreal.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

What're some good bands? + Discussion Empty Re: What're some good bands? + Discussion

Post  AjwX Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:18 am

Bad place to put this question, but how do you get Youtube to appear in the post? After you let me know, I'll EDIT this back on topic with a video link of a song I like (Way different style than hard rock).

It's a good song, reminds me of Motorhead and classic Iron Maiden, just scratchier.
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  Swindle Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:26 am

System of a Down is teh pwn in my opinion.
Swindle
Swindle

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:39 am

Swindle wrote:System of a Down is teh pwn in my opinion.

I'll pretend you didn't say that. The band's not bad... they're just not GOOD. Like, the Blues Brothers is a good band, the Moody Blues are a good band, Iron Maiden is a good band, System of a Down is a band.
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  Ephendelum Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:21 am

Have you tried psychedelic rock from the 60's? Bands like Pink Floyd and Deep Purple and stuff.
Ephendelum
Ephendelum

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/?u=27175955

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:34 am

Ephendelum wrote:Have you tried psychedelic rock from the 60's? Bands like Pink Floyd and Deep Purple and stuff.

Yup, I've always liked Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane, and a few others, Deep Purple's only just alright though.
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  Swindle Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:24 am

AjwX wrote:

I'll pretend you didn't say that. The band's not bad... they're just not GOOD. Like, the Blues Brothers is a good band, the Moody Blues are a good band, Iron Maiden is a good band, System of a Down is a band.

lol, kaykay. That is still my opinion.
Swindle
Swindle

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:47 am

Swindle wrote:
AjwX wrote:

I know, and it's my opinion that your opinion is a bad one What're some good bands? + Discussion Icon_cool How's them apples? But I get why people like them, I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm sure I'd like at least one or two of their songs. Not really into Emo bands though.
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  RebornXX Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Three off the top of meh head:

Third Eye Blind. Brand New. Rise Against

Oh, and if you don't like one out of the three; go fuck yourself.
RebornXX
RebornXX

Back to top Go down

Post  Swindle Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:51 pm

AjwX wrote:
Swindle wrote:
AjwX wrote:

I know, and it's my opinion that your opinion is a bad one What're some good bands? + Discussion Icon_cool How's them apples? But I get why people like them, I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm sure I'd like at least one or two of their songs. Not really into Emo bands though.

I had no idea they were an emo band, but okay.
Swindle
Swindle

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryu Kuze Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:38 pm

AjwX wrote:Bad place to put this question, but how do you get Youtube to appear in the post? After you let me know, I'll EDIT this back on topic with a video link of a song I like (Way different style than hard rock)..

There's an "Video" button when you press "Post Reply". Other than that...

Ryu Kuze
Ryu Kuze

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady-Z Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:33 am

Jimi Hendrix, The Guess Who, David Bowie(Mostly the Ziggy Stardust Album), Rolling Stones, The Pillows, The Blue Hearts.
Lady-Z
Lady-Z

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 am

[quote="Ryu Kuze"]

/quote]

I never bothered checking that closely. Hendrix is alright, The Who are pretty good (Different band, I know) and David Bowie just never did it for me.

What're some good bands? + Discussion Watch?v=szt60RlgcL4
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:20 am

Ryu Kuze wrote:
AjwX wrote:Bad place to put this question, but how do you get Youtube to appear in the post? After you let me know, I'll EDIT this back on topic with a video link of a song I like (Way different style than hard rock)..

AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:21 am

What're some good bands? + Discussion Watch?v=szt60RlgcL4

Hard to beat Iron Maiden, especially Live.
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  RebornXX Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:58 pm

Blink 182, Bowling for Soup.
RebornXX
RebornXX

Back to top Go down

Post  Swindle Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:33 am

Rammstein.
Swindle
Swindle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down