Surreal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Boards/etc.

2 posters

Go down

Personal Boards/etc. Empty Personal Boards/etc.

Post  AjwX Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:25 pm

1. Not sure if this is possible here, but is the "Mod of your own board" type thing available? I like it so I can place multiple projects of mine all under one big heading for ease of finding. I don't mind posting them whereever though.

2. Maybe a way of posting a "Vulgar" or whatever banner for the entire RP? I don't think this is really a problem, but it might be a nice addition. Just a little ! flag in front of the title or something. I can't see most people getting offended (And I personally don't normally surpass PG-13, as seen by my CPR posts[Not that you ever read those, of course.]) but it might be helpful if someone's running a zombie RP or some such, and wants to include things like gore.

3. To prevent "post whoring" and the almost guarenteed contest, is there a way to disable the post count? It's basically a foregone conclusion it'll cause some kind of strife.

Just some things to take under consideration, thought I'd contribute.

Edit: 5. With this cool chatbox thing (Which I've discovered can be put in a seperate window helpfully) you should encourage people to hop on when their on the site. Just to get people to meet/greet.

6. Perhaps limit the number of RPs a person can run at once? It would limit people from starting then discontinuing I think, but has it's own drawbacks. Kind of hard to explain what I mean. I suppose "Start one RP at a time" is the better way to put it. Would be a general guideline, no real reason to enforce it.

Also, I'll take off suggestions if their answered, since they're moot. (Removed 4)
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Personal Boards/etc. Empty Re: Personal Boards/etc.

Post  Kinsenka Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:39 am

1. I'm not sure about, though I'm almost positive you can. Still, I'm not so sure about that idea because this forum is getting active quickly. Imagine when it gets larger, and I have to make a personal section for everyone. It's a beautiful concept, but it's really impractical in practice. I'll have to think about this one, but I probably won't do it.

2. I originally intended for formatted text or something, but I guess I could get to work on that. However, I am lazier than anyone when it comes to finishing Photoshop projects. I feel bad that I ditched several peoples' requests in my old signature thread. I just couldn't do it because so many things were on my mind, or every time I did it, I was either extremely bored or extremely unhappy with the result.

3. Don't worry about that. I've already taken the necessary precautions. I don't care to remove the post count from all boards, but from the ones where it seems redundant (even more than it is already), it's disabled. Such as the Forum Games board. But I may take you up on this and remove the post count completely. The activity system effectively obsoletes it, in my opinion. Sadly, we'll have "activity whores", then. Rolling Eyes

4. You removed it. So this is the perfect opportunity for me to say that I love cake.

5. It's not exactly inconspicuous. However, that idea doesn't quite resonate to me since all the time spent in the chatbox is time taken away from actually posting. It sort of kills activity. I'm not trying to force people to stay active, but it's just irrelevant to get them into the chatbox. My point is, I don't want people posting in CPR's "Unmoderated Chatter" as much as I want them to post in everything else (Introductions notwithstanding).

6. That's not a bad idea. I can see your sentiment, but people sometimes kill their RPs if they have only one. I've done it, and I've seen it done. You don't even have to leave CPR to see both examples.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka
A ray of friggin' sunshine!

https://surreal.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum