Surreal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your next meal

4 posters

Go down

What is your next meal Empty What is your next meal

Post  Lady-Z Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Well, I figured we should move things away from the introduction, and at the moment I'm starving, waiting for food to finish cooking, and food is an awesome subject.

I'm cooking a gigantic pot of shrimp gumbo to be served with corn bread(authentic southern style not that sweet crap), which I cannot fuck up because I immigrated into Oregon from the deep south. I know it sounds fucked up but this hippy was born in alabama, surrounded by imbred rednecks who are busy getting the rest of their family.

Never Add sugar to your corn bread, it's not supposed to taste like cake.

Also here's an easy southern recipe that northern tourists in alabama never seemed to understand how to make.

How to make Sweet tea:

Tea
Sugar.

(Yes people actually asked how to make sweet tea)
Lady-Z
Lady-Z

Back to top Go down

What is your next meal Empty Re: What is your next meal

Post  Kinsenka Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Board name: The Bar and Grille. You make a thread based on food. Coincidence? I think not.

Well, I had crab meat and shrimp with garlic butter earlier today. People usually tell me I'm a good cook, but I'm not that great. Half the time I can't even do what it says in the cookbook properly. Right now I'm cooking Spanish-style rice and carne asada, which my Mexican neighbor showed my mom and I how to cook properly.

Also, for a Mexican salsa, use a little bit of cilantro (sometimes called coriander) and never use lime. Lime overpowers the flavor of the vegetables in the salsa, since fruit has a stronger taste than vegetables (or at least I think that's how it works). Lime takes out the spicy kick you're supposed to get from salsa. Also, if you cook Spanish rice, a nice addition to it is corn. Yes, that's a lot of starch in one meal, but it's excellent. It's not out of place to sprinkle some cheese of your favorite kind or chicken onto the rice, either.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka
A ray of friggin' sunshine!

https://surreal.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bestdragon3 Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:05 pm

Best thing I had today was a toasted sandwich with pepperoni, ham, melted cheese, and a little Tabasco hot sauce. It was just amazing^^
bestdragon3
bestdragon3

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinsenka Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:10 pm

bestdragon3 wrote:Best thing I had today was a toasted sandwich with pepperoni, ham, melted cheese, and a little Tabasco hot sauce. It was just amazing^^

I usually don't like pepperoni on my sandwiches. However, I love to use jalapeƱo cheese bread. I usually have pastrami on my sandwiches. Clogging your arteries is fun! At least until you get that heart attack. I use provolone on these sandwiches too, some lettuce, tomatoes, a little mayo, sometimes bone-dry bacon, and tabasco sauce works too. It's a strange combination, yes, but it is delicious.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka

Back to top Go down

Post  bestdragon3 Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Maaan, what you said sounds so good right now lol. But strange is having a peanut butter, pickle, banana, and shortening sandwich. I know, I'm gonna kill myself eating it, but it's amaaazing^^
bestdragon3
bestdragon3

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinsenka Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:18 pm

bestdragon3 wrote:Maaan, what you said sounds so good right now lol. But strange is having a peanut butter, pickle, banana, and shortening sandwich. I know, I'm gonna kill myself eating it, but it's amaaazing^^

Well at least the banana is healthy. >_> That sandwich doesn't sound appealing to me, like peanut butter on a BLT.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka

Back to top Go down

Post  bestdragon3 Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:19 pm

*Shrug* At least I attempted Razz But yeah... I just enjoy shortening sometimes. Not all the time granted, but still Razz
bestdragon3
bestdragon3

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinsenka Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:27 pm

bestdragon3 wrote:*Shrug* At least I attempted Razz But yeah... I just enjoy shortening sometimes. Not all the time granted, but still Razz

I don't really like fat on anything that isn't in a cooking recipe. I just don't like overly greasy foods and something ridiculously fat. I used to hate McDonald's for that reason, but lately it seems like they've reduced the fat and grease content of some of their foods. As for Burger King, their french fries still taste like cardboard.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady-Z Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:08 pm

It really just depends on the exact restruant, believe it or not. I've gone to Burger King and had shitty fries, then another one the next day and had awesome fries. It all depends on who's frying, how recently has the fryer been cleaned, and if it's not an ancient piece of shit.

Edit: Also it depends if Beavis threw a rat in the fryer.
Lady-Z
Lady-Z

Back to top Go down

Post  bestdragon3 Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:42 pm

I don't eat it for the fat content, I eat it for the taste and texture^^
bestdragon3
bestdragon3

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinsenka Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:08 pm

bestdragon3 wrote:I don't eat it for the fat content, I eat it for the taste and texture^^

Unfortunately the fat content gives it the taste. Burger King's fat content is generally lower than McDonald's (but still high), which explains why some comparative foods from McDonald's are so much better. For example, the french fries. However, I prefer a Whopper Jr. any day.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinsenka Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Could somebody post a recipe for a decent stir fry? My mom seems to keep messing up. >.> And I mean an Asian kind of stir fry. You know, the kind you would get at the Mongolian Grill.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:55 pm

You just pan fry noodles with whatever you want. Or, that's at least what I do. It's kinda a "try and fail" style of cooking food.

And, on fast food resturants, I ate at a Rallys for the first time recently, and I gotta say it wasn't that bad. I prefer Subway and Chipotle though. I eat alot of more "traditional" food if it's homecooked, like pierogi and kielbasa, so I can't help with recipes. Alligator and frog legs are good, I recommend trying those.

Back on topic, my last meal was bw3 and my next meal will be breakfast, oatmeal.
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinsenka Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:37 pm

AjwX wrote:You just pan fry noodles with whatever you want. Or, that's at least what I do. It's kinda a "try and fail" style of cooking food.

=\

That's unhelpful. I want a Mongolian recipe. Don't make me Google it.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:54 pm

Kinsenka wrote:

Sorry. But, if you're using the Mongolian BBQ as an example, you've seen exactly what it takes to prepare a meal of that sort. Noodles, sauce, etc in a pan. Google would help for "Do X at Y time" but that's really all it takes to stir-fry. I can't give you time/temp and stuff, you're on your own for that, but it's really simple besides that for basic stir-fry, you just gotta expiriment and find out what works well! Very Happy
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinsenka Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:38 pm

AjwX wrote:
Kinsenka wrote:

Sorry. But, if you're using the Mongolian BBQ as an example, you've seen exactly what it takes to prepare a meal of that sort. Noodles, sauce, etc in a pan. Google would help for "Do X at Y time" but that's really all it takes to stir-fry. I can't give you time/temp and stuff, you're on your own for that, but it's really simple besides that for basic stir-fry, you just gotta expiriment and find out what works well! Very Happy

Well, I'm going to at least have to find out exactly what meat the Mongolian Grill uses.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:54 pm

Chicken? Thaw a chicken breast, cut it up, voila!
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum