Surreal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eraqus OoC - Revised as of Friday, August 6

3 posters

Go down

Eraqus OoC - Revised as of Friday, August 6 Empty Eraqus OoC - Revised as of Friday, August 6

Post  TearsOfAngels Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Eraqus will have some rather specific rules. Let me detail them here, so far as any character creation. All revisions and additions will be in this color

This is the form you need to complete

Code:
[b]--- [u]Character Snapshot[/u] ---[/b]
[list]
[*][b]Name:[/b]
[*][b]Age:[/b] NO YOUNGER THAN 13
[*][b]Gender:[/b]
[*][b]Height:[/b]
[*][b]Weight:[/b]
[*][b]School:[/b] INCLUDE SPECIALITY (Example: Swords - With Shields)
[*][b]Weapon/Martial Arts Style(s):[/b] INCLUDE WIKIPEDIA HYPER-LINK
[*][b]Year:[/b]FIRST (UNLESS APPROVED BY ME)
[/list][b]--- [u]Appearance[/u] ---[/b]

TEXT GOES HERE

[b]--- [u]Personality[/u] ---[/b]

TEXT GOES HERE

[b]--- [u]Background[/u] ---[/b]

TEXT GOES HERE

Character snapshot does NOT 'put a picture there'. Do that in appearance or describe them with words
Each character knows a martial art in addition to whatever weapon/martial art they learn at the school.
How did your character come into the skills that made them a good choice for Eraqus? Which master approached them and their parents? How hard was it to impress the master (If it is the same one who teaches you.)
Flesh out the their background. Paint me a logical, beginning to end, narrative with words. I don't care if I have to read half a webpage, but give me something more than overt details. Quirks in their history? Maybe they come from the same village or town as a former or current master/student? If I think something is too outlandish, however, I will, nicely, ask you revise it.

Schools are as follows.

--- Schools ---

Swords

• Occidental
  • Oriental
  • Dual Wield
  • With Shield
Spear

• Tipped
  • Bladed
  • Double Edged
Axes

• Single Edge
  • Double Edged
Blunt

• Staff
  • Club
  • Hammer
  • Mace (those without chain)
Rapier (Anything designed for blade-on-blade contact)

• With Buckler
Knives/Daggers

• Dual Wield
  • Tonfa Blades
  • Sai
Thrown

• Knives/Daggers
  • Stars
Hand-to-Hand (Rudimentary skills are taught to all students. Allows choice of one Fighting or Martial Arts style)

• Brass Knuckles
  • Tiger Claws (Think X-Men's Wolverine, except they tie onto the backs of the hand)
  • Martial Arts (Pick ONE style, in addition to Basic style)
  • Brawl
Bows-No Crossbows!

• Long
  • Short
Exotic

• Whips/Chains
  • Maces (those with chains)
  • Almost anything else you can use as a logical weapon (Check these with me)
The following is taught to all students:

• Field medicine (setting bones, herbs, removing arrowheads, etc.)
  • Weapon maintenance (sharpening, polishing, etc.)
  • Weapon forging (mandatory to have made your own weapon by the end of the second year)

I'll do an NPC section for the various Masters and what they wield. That'll take a day or so. Just don't feel like doing it now.

Last edited by TearsOfAngels on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
TearsOfAngels
TearsOfAngels

Back to top Go down

Eraqus OoC - Revised as of Friday, August 6 Empty Re: Eraqus OoC - Revised as of Friday, August 6

Post  Kinsenka Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:32 pm

You'll want to post your biographies in the board I just created. You can find it in the Roleplay Library board.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka
A ray of friggin' sunshine!

https://surreal.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Eraqus OoC - Revised as of Friday, August 6 Empty Re: Eraqus OoC - Revised as of Friday, August 6

Post  AjwX Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:40 pm

Do I have to repost it here? Just, you know, I'm feeling lazy.
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinsenka Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:55 pm

AjwX wrote:Do I have to repost it here? Just, you know, I'm feeling lazy.

I recommend it. That way, people can review your character sheet easier. Namely myself. It shouldn't take too much effort to copy and paste it in a new thread.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Whelp, character's up. I know you had some form of opening post on CPR, assuming it'll be the same here?
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  TearsOfAngels Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:32 pm

It will be the same. I will have something as soon as I have a sufficient number of people.
TearsOfAngels
TearsOfAngels

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:35 pm

I'll try to post today(Since you've "started" the RP, but no promises. If I can't tonight, I won't be able to til Monday, so don't think I've lost interest!)
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  TearsOfAngels Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:57 pm

It's all good man. Just so long as I don't have to unleash Elaina on you.
TearsOfAngels
TearsOfAngels

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:51 am

Went and saw Expendables, but I'll try to post tommorow(today now). I also punched myself in the head, it hurt.
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinsenka Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:26 am

AjwX wrote:Went and saw Expendables, but I'll try to post tommorow(today now). I also punched myself in the head, it hurt.

Did you punch yourself in the head because it was a bad movie or what?

Anyway, Yuki's personality is finished. I made some progress today, so I'll prolly be done tomorrow. I just feel kind of sluggish as far as making it goes. I feel that I have to be so elaborate. The reason Bancho appeals to me so much is because it seems less... elite, to me. More of a comfortable, quick setting.
Kinsenka
Kinsenka

Back to top Go down

Post  AjwX Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:27 am

Kinsenka wrote:
Did you punch yourself in the head because it was a bad movie or what?

Because I could, movie was fine. And why does it take people so long to make character sheets besides me? Oh well, Kinny'll be done by Sunday, no post from me today sadly.

Legit Q's: 1. Do you have a post style preference? Since you're running NPCs, should we keep posts short? Or would you prefer longer posts like your's was?

2. 3rd person, I assume, right?

3. Since this is a fighting RP, what sort of "hit/miss" system are we using? Common sense, since we're all friends here? (/slight_sarcasm)
AjwX
AjwX

Back to top Go down

Post  TearsOfAngels Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:31 am

AjwX wrote:Legit Q's: 1. Do you have a post style preference? Since you're running NPCs, should we keep posts short? Or would you prefer longer posts like your's was?

2. 3rd person, I assume, right?

3. Since this is a fighting RP, what sort of "hit/miss" system are we using? Common sense, since we're all friends here? (/slight_sarcasm)

1. I'd like posts of substantial length. One line is not going to cut it.
2. You assume correct.
3. Common sense is useful here, but if everyone would like I will do die rolls and PM them to the players so they know on a scale of 1-100 what they did in terms of skill.
TearsOfAngels
TearsOfAngels

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down